Saturday 27 September 2014

Christian Mom Rewrites Harry Potter So Kids Won’t Turn To Witches!

A christian mother, Grace Ann Parson, who has been receiving a lot of flack from the media has rewritten the famous Harry Potter book. Grace is an Evangelical Stay-home  mom.
The book which has often been criticized in the Christian community for its promotion of wizardry to children was rewritten when Grace was asked by her children if they could read the famous Harry Potter books. She thought of an alternative way to present to them the story  and rewrote Harry Potter with a Christian perspective.
Grace Ann first took to FanFiction.net to provide for parents a story of Harry Potter that she says,“will not lead your children astray.” The mom took the famous JK Rowling book series ‘Harry Potter’ and changed it.
“Hello, friends! My name is Grace Ann. I’m new to this whole fanfiction thing; but recently, I’ve encountered a problem that I believe this is the solution to,” the woman wrote, “My little ones have been asking to read the Harry Potter books; and of course I’m happy for them to be reading; but I don’t want them turning into witches! So I thought….. why not make some slight changes so these books are family friendly?”

Source: BreatheCast

No comments:

Post a Comment